Saturday, June 21, 2014

Girl Scout Camp HTV

Yes, yet MORE HTV!  A few weekends ago, I was asked to help chaperone a girl scout camp sleepover, even though my daughter is not a girl scout.  Or, at least, she wasn't!  She had such a great time that she has joined the troop.  She really loves it and it's a great organization, I was just trying to limit the number of activities we are involved it, but oh, well!  So the original plan was for the girl scouts to decorate their own t-shirts, which I think is a great idea.  But then, after seeing the field trip shirts I made, they asked if I would mind doing camp-themed ones.  We were going to go with simple and easy until we looked at the Campin Critters cart.  Those critters are adorable!

The scouts supplied all the t-shirts and vinyl.  Each shirt had some flock on it somewhere.  I used the left over jewels from making the field trip shirts for eyes.  Just a warning-the jewels come off very easily.

 This one was my daughter's.  The black of the prorcupine is flock and she picked pink jewelled eyes.  I cut off the the marshmallow stick from the bottom, black layer so I wouldn't have to try to layer the brown and then white over it.  He was cut at 5.5 inches.  Some of the images I did the reverse-cut and some I didn't, since in most cases it didn't matter which way the animal was facing.
The troop leader's daughter picked the skunk coming out of the outhouse, with the little toilet paper stuck to his foot.  He's so cute.  His white stripe is flock.
 I personally loved the frog spraying bugspray.  I made the little flock flocked, as frogs aren't fuzzy.
 Here we have a fuzzy white rabbit in her sleeping bag.
 Big foot!  All the dark brown cut as one piece so the treads of his shoes are fuzzy, too.
I also love the squirrel reading by the lantern light.  Here, too, I trimmed off the bottom layer that would have just been covered by other colors.
 The duck's green head is fuzzy.
 The brown on the owl is his fuzzy part.
 Here's our forest ranger for one of the chaperones.
 How perfect is this eagle scout?!  We made him for the troop leader.  His white is fuzzy, which means some of his badges are fuzzy, but I wasn't going to be particular.
 I forgot to put fuzz on the snake but luckily he was for a chaperone, who wasn't upset by the oversight.  She said, "Snakes aren't fuzzy anyway."  My daughter, though, chided that I should have at least added fuzz to his hat or bandana.
 Since I was the resident nurse, I got the medical cardinal.  I love her!  The black face is her fuzz.
 A walking moose with a girly pink and purple backpack.  His brown is fuzzy.
The fox was a special request and he's made with red flock.
The bat with the compass to navigate his flight is another of my favorites.  His flock is the black part.
Last but not least we have a grey-flocked wolf calling the other critters to dinner.
 
 
I think Campin Critters is one of the cutest carts ever.  I can't wait to make the scrapbook pages from our camp out.  They'll perfctly match the shirts!  As always, thanks for looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment