Thursday, September 2, 2010

Disney Autograph Book (DAB)-Dale

I am working on two autograph books for my daughter and niece.  We are going back to Disney too soon, I don't know how I will finish the books in time!  But I noticed last year that the characters really get in to the home made books and it gives them a conversation starter with shy kids.  Plus, it gives me a chance to show off!  So here is the one I made yesterday: Dale (of Chip and Dale)

The album is an 8x8 CM album.  The background paper is from DCWV textures and finishes stack-and it does have a great feel to it as well as looking like tree bark.  Dale was cut at 4 in from Mickey and Friends and I used SU close to cocoa, CM french vanilla, CM white and SU ruby red for the nose.  Not sure where the pink paper for the tongue came from.  The acorns are SU creamy caramel and SU choco chip. I ran the acorn tops through the BIg Shot with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder for extra texture.  The tree paper is two layers, with the inner oval cut a quarter of an inch smaller than the outer. The top layer is elevated by foam tape.  The background inside the circle is CM brown.  I cut the frame from nestabilities long rectangles.  I wanted it to look like Dale is inside his hole in his tree, so I wanted all the layers.  The acorns I glued on top of each other for added depth.  My plan is to put Chip lying on a tree branch on the opposite page.
Here are a few more pictures of the layers:

No comments:

Post a Comment