Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas Dress layout

I appreciate the weekly challenges on the circle blog because they force me to complete at least one project a week!  I start classes again tomorrow so I don't know if I will have time each week, but over my Christmas break I did get a lot done.  This week we had a sketch to follow and we had to incorporate stamping and buttons.  Here's what I came up with:



I used several carts.  The star border came from Winter Frolic, cut at 3 1/4.  Christmas was off Beyond Birthdays, cut at 1 1/4.  I finally used my Don Juan cart (got it with Reward points!) to cut out dress, at 1 1/4, using the Under Pressure feature.  I wanted chunky letters so I could stamp them using a Stampin Up background stamp, posy.  I stamped with a Martha Stewart glue pad, then sprinkled with black fun flock to mimic the flower pattern on my daughter's Christmas dress.  The stamped letters are my favorite part of the layout.  The flowers are flower3 from the wedding cart.  I had saved the buttons off an old coat and had my husband cut the shanks off so I could glue them on.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments: