Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DAB-Sleeping Beauty

Still working on my DAB and I need to pick up the pace. We leave in a month and the only pages that are done are the few I have posted on the blog!  This week's challenge on the cricut circle blog called for pink, glitter, and ribbon and that fit nicely with my idea for Sleeping Beauty, so I jumped ahead and did her, even though I had been working on Toy Story.



  I used Aurora 3 from Happily Ever After,  cut at six inches. The hands were tough, but I knew I would be covering them with the ribbon rose. The ribbon rose is 1/4 in SU pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon with a pink gem in the center (brand unknown).  The dress was cut from DCWV glitter paper.  The flesh tone is vanilla from CM, not sure where the yellow paper came from, or the red lips.  I did cheat on the lips and the center is done with the signo white pen.  The shiny gold is from CM.  I cheated on the eyes, too. What I do is cut out a second face, from white, then use the white pieces to glue in for the eyes and then draw them on.  Her title was cut at 2 inches using the shadow base/icon and the layers:flesh/hair.
For the spot for the autograph and the photo, I used the marquee2 off Storybook, cut at 3 1/4 for the autograph spot and 6 for the photo mat.  I then layered it with the accent/frame.  I did not tack down the frame on the photo one, I will first put my photo down.  Background paper is from the ek success disney princess pack I bought at M's.  Unfortunately, there is a color variation from the first pack I bought and it is pretty obvious in this layout.  Also, the pack comes with only 1 sheet of each pattern, so I needed four packs at 5.99, but I bought them with the 40% off coupons, so it's okay!
Then I had to make one in blue for my niece.  For this, I used Aurora4 at 6 in, with her dress cut from the DCWV Holiday stack from last year, all other paper the same, same cheats for the mouth and eyes.  The background paper is from the DCWV Nursery Boys stack. I skipped the ribbon, since this wasn't for the contest, and just used rectangles sized to mat a 6x4 photo. I used a CM corner shaper.
I didn't put adhesive under the part of Sleeping Beauty that overlaps the photo mat so that when the time comes, I can slip the picture under her dress and hand.
As always, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment