Wednesday, May 25, 2011

DAB-Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and the Wicked Steps

 If any of you read my older posts, I went to Disney in Nov and made autograph books with my Cricut. I cannot stress enough how much all the hard work was worth it. The characters and cast members in Disney took a lot of extra time with my daughter and niece, admiring all the pages in the book. When we met Pluto, he actually got down on the floor and flipped through every page (I'm sure the people in line behind us hated it, my daughter and niece loved it). Other tourists stopped us and asked to look at the books and wanted to know where we got them. I used 8x8 CM albums and they ended up very thick and heavy but even my sister agreed that she would carry them around again.

So here are the pics of Cinderella and Company:



More DCWV paper, this time the shimmer stacks.  I used these a lot.  They cut beautifully and have a little sheen without so much bling like the glitter.  The white frills in the dress are glitter paper.  Everything is double or triple layered for some dimension.  Her background paper is from the EK success princess pack. Below is Cinderella and her prince.  His belt and epaulets are Bazzill Bling.  Their background paper is from a different EK success paper pad, this one a 12x12.  His signature box is another cut from Lacy Labels.  I used DS (didn't have a gypsy yet at the time) and welded two together to open like a backwards card so he could sign on top, then I could flip it open and put a picture inside.

 Not too happy with how I drew on the eyes, but they'll have to do.  I added a little pearl for her earring.
 Here's the Fairy Godmother.  We saw her but the kids didn't want to wait on line and I figured I would be a bad mom if I forced them just so I could have the picture.  The FG is also made with DCWV shimmer paper
 I used SCAL and files found at Mardenz' blog ( a big thank you to her for all the great, amazing files) to cut Druzilla, Anastasia and the Wicked Stepmother, Lady Tremaine.  I like SCAL but I find it hard to control pressure and speed of the blade and so it can be frustrating.  I wish PC would come out with more Disney carts.  I, of course, bought the Pixar and Disney Classics as soon as they came out!  But I need all the Disney villains!
 Background paper for the sisters came from DCWV citrus stack.  They, being wicked stepsisters, did not get the bling treatment.  Anastasia must be a scrapbooker because she asked a lot of good questions about how I made the pages.
 I think Lady Tremaine looks perfect, this was a great file.  The sisters and stepmother's dresses are all cut from SU paper.
Lady Tremaine was not finished before the trip and so she signed on plain white paper but I did put a DCWV paper from the Black Currant stack on the facing page.
As always, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment