Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Planetarium T shirts

I am addicted to Heat Transfer Vinyl and just looking for excuses to use it.  My daughter's class is going to the Planetarium and I am making a space themed t shirt for each of the 13 kids.  The Superman cart has great planets.  I used part of the globe off Locker Talk for Earth.  I used a variety of fonts and some of the titles were welded with my gypsy.  Thanks to the plastic transfer sheet, it's easy to line everything up and you don't really need to weld the words to make it easy.

 For Pluto, I used the Mickey and Friends cart and just cut Pluto's name.
 For Mercury, I saved the pieces of vinyl that were left over after I did Pluto and used them to accent Mercury.  The font is from Nifty Fifties and I think it is perfect for space themes.
 Again, Earth came from the globe on Locker Talk-I figured it would use less vinyl than the one on Superman or Graphically Speaking.  I love that the E2 shows where everything will cut before it does, so I was able to place all my vinyl in just the right spot.  Not sure what font I used-I wanted something basic.
Saturn is my favorite.  This is the one my daughter wanted for herself, so it had to be "girly."  As soon as I saw the rainbow glitter vinyl on craftvinyl.com, I knew it would be perfect for the rings.  It's a little thicker than regular vinyl so you might have to play with your settings a little, but still easy to use.  And so sparkly!  The picture doesn't really do it justice.  The font is from Country Life-it welded beautifully.

Just remember to reverse cut HTV so that your words show up the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment