Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mickey's Garden

I am done with school for the summer and trying to get caught up on all the scrapping I want to finish. My family album from 2006 is almost done-just Nov and Dec left. So I am only five years behind!  I want to do an album of my daughter's dance pictures and, of course, the two Disney albums from our two trips.  I got my Gypsy from Cricut Rewards on Friday and I love, love, love it.  It is so easy to use.  I saw a card someone made where she welded circles to a pumpkin for a Disney Halloween card and since I saw that, I have been planning this page.  Creating it with the Gypsy was simple.
 The title words are welded with the gypsy.  I accidently threw away the dot above the 'i' so I substituted a tomato.
 I put the tomatoes from Block Party on the cornstalk from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I used the gypsy to mount circles from George and Basic Shapes to the tomatoes and also to make the cornstalk taller without making it wider.  I cut two cornstalks and double-layered the leaves for depth and definition.
 The fence came from Mickey and friends.  I can't find the cuttlebug woodgrain folder anywhere, not even ebay, but it's on my list to get.  Instead I used one of the Fiskars texture plates to get the wood look on the fence.  I mounted it with foam tape.
  The pumpkin is from Create a Critter-I just skipped the smiley face.  I love how easy it is to search through all the pumpkin images on the gypsy so I could find just the right one.  I free-hand embossed the lines.  The leaves are from the Thanksgiving seasonal cart and I just cut off and rearranged most of the vining.  The walkway came in part from the Mickey and Friends cart but I ended up just using the stones and arranging them free hand, then cutting out the wavy strips.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute layout! I love all the Mickeys on the page. And how great that you turned an accident into an opportunity when you added the tomato to the title! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and love how you did the pumpkins!! Awesome LO!! Say, if you would like more followers go and check this out!

    http://krystalskreativity.blogspot.com/2011/05/get-inspired-link-it-up.html#links

    It is a linking party!! You can link your blog then we all check out each others blog.

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete