Friday, May 20, 2011

Onesies

   So there was a break in the rain today and I went outside to get my camera.  And the Fedex guy pulled in with my gypsy from Cricut Rewards!  Looks a litle intimidating, but I know I can get plenty of help and advice on the cricut messageboard and new blog.
   So here are the onesies I made for a baby shower last weekend.  My sister's best friend is having her first baby.  Here are two generic onesies I made, suitable for anyone.  I cut "Diva" from Rock Princess.  The Got Milk? came from two carts, From my Kitchen and Graphically Speaking.  I love, love, love iron-on vinyl!!!  I didn't have any white to accent the milk bottle but I'm ordering some.  I used my new E2 to make the cuts and I tweaked the settings a bit because the preset kiss-cut was cutting through my plastic backing.  If you have an iron-on sheet like the teflon ones that some places sell with the vinyl or the ones from Joann's (silicone, 7.99, and I used a 40% off coupon) then you can iron them on even without the plastic but the plastic backing is great for transferring whole words. 
 It's hard to see in the picture, but I used iron-on rhinestones to accent the crown.
 Next I did a copy of the soccer princess t shirt I had made for my daughter, since the dad-to-be is an avid soccer player.  I already had the design saved in Design Studio, I just made it smaller to fit the little onesie.  The letters in princess were tiny but cut easily and the design transferred beautifully stuck to the plastic backing.

 This last one is my favorite.  The mom-to-be is a hair dresser and I wanted to highlight that.  I used the brush off Slumber Party and the hair dryer from Paisley-both carts I bought specifically for this project!  I have over a hundred and forty carts but I still find must-have images on lots of carts I don't have.  There are a lot of layers in this design and it would have been impossible (for me, anyway) to do with freezer paper.  The heat transfer vinyl went together so easily!!!  I am addicted.
This last onesie was a huge hit at the shower.  I love that my cricut allows me to personalize so completely-I'm not limited by the designs I can find in stores, I can make my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment