Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cricut Everyday

I was one of the ones who was excited when Cricut Everyday was announced as our Circle cartridge.  I had visions of an organized and decorated scrap room, all in shades of pink and green, with labels made fom this cartridge.  Ha, ha, ha!  My scraproom is a disaster, all my labels are haphazardly slapped together and when I have time, I use it to scrap, not organize. Still, I had the perfect pictures to go with the icons on the cart.

My wonderful parents still give me money at Christmas and one year-Jan 2007- I used it to buy the expression.  I'd had a baby bug I bought thinking I would only use it for making letters, so I wouldn't run out of E's anymore.  But I fell in love with the die cuts and all the cute images (though there were a lot less back then).  I bought the expression and Animal Kingdom and before  I could try it out my daughter and my niece were clamoring for a turn.  My daughter loves pink, and pigs, so her choice was easy.  My niece loves blue and dogs, but decided on an elephant (don't worry-since then I have added MANY carts and she has plenty of doggie cuts to choose from!).

So I created this simple page using the pictures of our first cuts on the E.  I cut the expression off CE pretty small, and some of the pieces were hard to work with at only 2 inches, but not too bad. 

 I trimmed down the background paper using my old Creative Memories trimmer with the antique edge.  Still love it after all these years.  The bug head, caught the bug and the expression came from CE.  The green shape under the tiny E is a spellbinders die.  In restrospect, I could have made the E a little bigger.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really cute layout! And your daughter and niece are adorable showing off their creations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete