Monday, March 24, 2014

I Love NY HTV

We just got back from a weekend trip to New York City.  It was in the 60's Saturday as we walked around the city, just perfect!  We went to the American Girl store and my daughter and her friend got new dolls, then we walked through the Central Park Zoo and stopped at Pie Face on the way back to the car.  My daughter is well trained and posed for tons of pictures-I took 66!

Before we left, I made 'I love NY' t shirts for the girls and their American Girl Dolls. I bought the doll t shirts at michael's and used a 40% off coupon. 


I thought the package just had the shirt in it, for a regular price of 7.99, but it includes the jeans and after the coupon, was well worth the price.  I was then afraid the material might burn when I ironed on the heat transfer vinyl, but I had no problem at all.


 
Here's the finished product.  I designd it on my gypsy.  My cityscape came off Plaintain Schoolbook.  I don't recall the font or where I got the heart but there are like thousands of hearts!  I used black siser easy weed for everything but the heart, which was siser glitter.
 

I linked the whole design into one image so it was easy to resize for the doll and girl t shirts.
 




And here's my daughter and her new American Girl of the Year doll, Isabelle, in their matching shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment