Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Old West

When I first saw this cartridge, I though, "Here's one I can pass on."  Ha!  Some of the images are sooo cute and once I started seeing what all the Cricut messageboard enablers were making, I had to have it.  I've used the fence alone half a dozen times, and I adore the cute, smiling horse.  So I made a page far more elaborate than the photo called for, but I love it.

This is the finished page.  I used DCWV photo real paper for the sunset background.  I free hand cut the grassy hill from the same stack.  I cut the Old West images out of Stampin Up cardstock.  I cut extra grass pieces to layer up for more dimension.  GiddyUp came from Create a Friend. 

 
I used a ton of foam tape to raise the fence so that the horse could be behind it.
 


 
I used my trusty Fiskars woodgrain plate on the fence boards-still haven't found a cuttlebug woodgrain folder, but I check ebay every now and then. I used the Stampin Up markers to accent the horse and doubled up the mane pieces for more dimension.
 
The barn came together easily. Again, I used a double layer, this time on the hay coming out the window.


Lastly, I used the horseshoe cut for a small and simple journaling box.



No comments:

Post a Comment