Monday, May 12, 2014

More HTV For A Field Trip

When I started making field trip t-shirts, there were just 12 kids in my daughter's class.  They were going to the planetarium-so basically I was just cutting a circle, and squiggles to go on top for each planet, really easy.  Now we are up to 19 kids.  This year they are studying vertebrates and I have gotten carried away!  There are so many great styles, colors and textures of heat transfer vinyl!  So each animal will have flock or a pattern or glitter, and they all have jewelled eyes.  I bought iron-on rhinestones with a 40% off coupon.

Here are the first five t-shirts.

 My daughter picked the bat, with pink eyes.  The black is nice, fuzzy flock.  He's cut off the Happy Hauntings cart at 3 inches.
 The frog came from an old favorite, Animal Kingdom, cut at 5.5 inches.  His spots are glitter.  I'm a little disappointed, because the AK cart does NOT work in the E2.  PC said they are aware of the problem and recommend using Cricut Craft Room, which to me seems like too many steps if I don't plan on altering a cut.  With the E2, I can see exactly where on the mat the cut will be and not waste any vinyl, but I still have the original E and it's been working all right.
 The bird came from AK, also at 5.5.  I goofed and didn't peel off that little extra piece of yellow from by his tail.  I cut an extra wing, then free handed the swirls of glitter.
 The fish came from Wildlife.  The glitter does not stick well to the regular vinyl and really needs to be peeled cold.  Even still, a bit of the glitter peeled off in the center, so the fish looks like he is mising a few scales!
The wolf came from Wildlife, at 5.5 inches.  He's grey and silver, with jewelled purple eyes and his nose and mouth are flocked.
 
 
Fourteen more to go!  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment