Wednesday, May 21, 2014

HTV Field Trip Shirts Part 4

Here are the last of the shirts:
The moose came off Animal Kingdom.  When I originally tried to cut him at 6 in, it said he was too big, so I went down to 4.5 and he was tiny!  I recut him at 5.5.
In yesterday's post I mentioned how it can be hard to place the flock because the fuzz sticks to the plastic, making it opaque.  Here's an illustration of that.
So you can see that you can't even see the moose's ear through it and it's hard to see where to line it up.  But I love the look of the flock, so it's worth the challenge.
This snake came from Pet Shop.  I did a free hand on his tongue, because I didn't like the way the layers were designed for this project.  This was a second type of snake print vinyl that seemed a little thicker than the first, and has a little texture.  But it's shiny-sorry for the glare.
The bunny also came from Pet Shop.  The white is flocked.
Here's another picture showing the opacity of the plastic backing on the flock, compared to regular HTV.
Even the white was challenging to place.
The deer came from AK.  I freee hand cut a white accent for his tail, from flock.  His antlers are flocked as well.
For the teacher, we made an eagle, their school symbol.  I used the eagle off Wildlife and cut an extra head for the white, since they didn't have a layer for that.  The white is flock, so it's thicker, and you can see the line under the black where it ends.  Next time, I'll have to cut the white to go all the way under the black piece.
 
 
I absolutley love working with heat transfer vinyl.  The different materials are great.  I know the kids will love having the glitter and flock, and the jewelled eyes.  Thanks for looking!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment