Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Field Trip Shirts Part 3

Another five shirts, just five more to go after this!

The bear is from Animal Kingdom.  He's double fuzz-cinammon for his body and black for his little nose.  In the picture, it's hard to see the partial cut lines that separate his legs, but in person they are very clear.  The flock cut beautifully on the regular vinyl settings (3/3).
My plan was to choose animals naturally occuring in the area, but over the years the shirts have become a huge hit.  The first two times, I made them all myself but as the kids got older, they are more invested.  Several of the girls have come over to make their own.  I'm such a control freak, it's hard for me to let them pick, but I did.  So I have a chameleon, which doesn't live in the wild in New England. Ah, well!  We cut him off Pet Shop, skipping a few layers( like the branch he's posed on) and altering his tongue. I cut his head out of the red glitter and threw that away, keeping what I normally would have tossed, and cutting the tongue longer.
The turtle came from AK and ended up huge (another time I was sorry my AK doesn't work in my E2).  I cut around the top part of his shell to add the glitter layer.
The otters on Wildlife come as a pair, but all the other shirts have only one animal so I made a little alteration.  I placed my flock to only cover the one otter and a little of where they overlap, then free-hand cut off the extra.  Becuase so much of the fuzz sticks to the plastic after weeding, it's hard to see through to align the cuts and you can see along his head where there is extra black showing.
The last one for today is a very sparkly goldfish off AK, cut from orange siser easy weed and gold glitter.  She was super simple.  Again, we have an animal that doesn't live in the wild but she sure does sparkle!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment